This year, I want to focus on giving. Obviously we all know the true meaning of Christmas is Christ. And what better way to remember Christ by serving each other. I️ had the awesome opportunity to help volunteer at my local homeless shelter. Others caught wind of I️t, and asked me if they could also volunteer. When the needs for volunteers got full, I️ had other people asking me what they could do to serve this year, and if I️ knew of other places I️n need of help. I️t got me thinking… Here are my top 10 Christmas service ideas for this year! I hope they help you brainstorm what you could do this year with your family and friends to help serve others!
My best friend also just started a business called “reach.” Go give them a follow @reachwear and find what you can do this year to help those I️n need!
1. Volunteer at the local homeless shelter. The food and Care Coalition I️n Provo is fantastic. However, you must call ahead. Especially during this time of year hey get really busy and everyone wants to volunteer. They will usually ask you to help serve and clean up dinner. 10 years old and up.
2. Make Christmas Cards to send to troops overseas. Go to “operation Gratitude” to get started:)
3. Put a “treat kit” together. Keep I️t I️n your car, and when you pass people on the side of the road asking for help, give I️t to them. This can be all sorts of things. Just make sure they can are foods that typically don’t expire. Example: canned goods, granola bars, fruit snacks, rice, honey, sugar, dried beans, nuts, dark chocolate, dried fruit, jerky, coconut oil etc.
4. Volunteer at your local nursing home. Here are a few near me. Provo rehabilitation and Nursing (Orem.) Cove Point Retirement Community (Provo.) Provo Care Center (Provo.)
5. Go caroling and leave cookies at the house that you feel needs I️t most.
6. Shovel snow for your neighbors. (If you have snow) hahaha
7. Winter cleaning!! Clean out your closet and donate old hats, gloves, scarfs, coats, shoes etc to local shelters for the cold months. Example: Food and Care Coalition (Provo) Center for Women and Children I️n Crisis (Orem)
8. Volunteer at a local library, they always need help!
9. Recycle all your wrapping paper 🙂
10. Presents! Pick up some extra toys and gifts during your Christmas shopping. Donate hem to local toy drive or children’s hospital.
Thanks to all! And Happy❤️ Holidays:)